[ICANN Academy WG] RESULTS of the ICANN Academy Single Purpose Call: "Intercultural Awareness Program Candidates Evaluation"

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 15 14:17:43 UTC 2017

Sandra.

I regret that circumstances prevented my joining the call, however, I have raised my concerns about the approach of limiting to only five. I seriously doubt that my concerns would have been listened to, as I have stated them now more than once, and so, I will restate this again.

It is important to consider that by excluding different representatives that have indicated their strong interest in contributing, the 'project' also excludes the possible champions of the project.

We have to understand that ICANN's budget is finite and that having champions is important, for any new initiative.

I think that five is much too small for several reasons, and yes, I disagree with the ICANN retained consultant.   I have a lot of experience as well in doing organizational development, and frankly, most small groups spend their time, defending why they are so "small".

I did fill in the self nomination to be an individual participant.

However, I continue to strongly recommend that this limitation of 5 needs to be changed and that more inclusion be established, before moving forward.

Marilyn Cade