[ICANN Academy WG] REMINDER: Update on all programmes - Call to Actions

info at hoferichter.eu info at hoferichter.eu
Tue Dec 4 04:54:14 UTC 2018

Dear all, I would like to remind you on the following opportunities to get
involved in organising the next Academy courses.

1.	Chairing Skills Programme
We have quite a good number of chairs registered to take the training but we
would need more coaches that fulfil the following criteria’s:
a.       Must be able to effectively communicate and understand English
(observing the Chair without using the interpretation tool)
b.       Must have secured travel support for ICANN64 (Kobe)
c.       Must be able to dedicate time according to the schedule set (< 7
hours over a period of 3 month)
d.       Preferably haves had experience as a Chair within ICANN
The registration
<https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=62395123>  to
contribute as a coach is still open until 21th December.

Also we should form a work team of 3-5 people that helps facilitating this
programme. Facilitation entails: reviewing registrations, pairing the
coaches with the chairs, participating in 1-2 phone calls and 2 face to face
meetings on Kobe.
Please send an email via this list if you are interested.

2.	Intercultural Programme
As said earlier there is no budget to continue with this programme, but
nothing prevents us from organising it our self without external
facilitation. We would have staff supporting us to get a room and there are
multiple possibilities, like ½ day programme, 2-3 breakfast or lunch
meetings, self-paid cultural dinner (we are in Japan!). Please step up if
you like this idea and are willing to organise such a programme in Kobe! We
should start planning in January. Also here a work team of 3-5 people would
be sufficient and 2 indicated interest already.

Let me know if you have any questions or comments!
Best Sandra