[ICANN-CSC] End of last weeks meeting Agenda

Carr, Brett brettudp at amazon.co.uk
Mon Feb 19 13:49:23 UTC 2024

All,
   As you may remember we missed the end of the meeting due to other commitments last week so here are the final points we needed to go through:

6.    Update Survey IANA Naming Services: call for participation by CSC membership

The responses from the CSC to the survey have been low, please can you all consider filling the survey out:

Here is the link to IANA’s survey:  https://yonder.online-host.solutions/ASP/P023751/login.asp?ug=1&id= [yonder.online-host.solutions]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/yonder.online-host.solutions/ASP/P023751/login.asp?ug=1&id=__;!!PtGJab4!52kea0nGgnJkOAUbtHJAeh26-op2ThG-sEvp5k42cduEnpMMVId5_Ba88nu6mDmoDLyhsdf9PDzAVbQm297yjI1bpsOFqqjK2oli$>

Deadline is Wed 21st February

7.    Update IANA Function Review

The second IANA Function review is now underway. Part of the review also looks at the CSC and its monitoring of the PTI performance.

Here is my update as the liaison to the IFR2 :

Terms of reference review has been completed and finalised

Briefings are being setup

IANA gave a briefing: IANA Naming Function review deep dive

CSC Briefing will be done by me in San Juan

Team are planning to do a blog now that the Terms of Reference are finalised.

8.    Reminder Chair, Vice-Chair Election Procedure

According the internal chair, vice-chair election procedure the CSC is expected to select its chair and vice-chair at or around ICANN79

Background material - https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/csc-appointment-procedure-04nov19-en.pdf

My term in the CSC ends later this year and as prep for that my preference would be to step down as chair at ICANN79 to allow a replacement ample time to get up to speed.
Please consider this the formal opening of the process to Nominate a Chair and Vice Chair.
You can self-nominate or nominate one of your colleagues for either role.
We will gather all the nominations together and either do an election or appointments at the San Juan meeting.

--
Brett Carr
System Development Manager UK-DNS.

Amazon Web Services EMEA SARL, 38 avenue John F. Kennedy, L-1855 Luxembourg, R.C.S. Luxembourg B186284

Amazon Web Services EMEA Sarl, UK Branch, 1 Principal Place, Worship Street, London, EC2A 2FA, United Kingdom, registered in England and Wales, UK Establishment No. BR019315