[IFRT] IFR: Recommendation 4 - added language and webinar

Amy Creamer amy.creamer at icann.org
Tue Sep 29 00:07:41 UTC 2020

Hello IFRT

Three (3) items:

#1.  The CSC provided us some feedback on Recommendation 4 by suggesting we add a bit more of an explanation. The last sentence in bold has been added to page 4 of the Initial Report<https://docs.google.com/document/d/10z8ABLYqcx6yFNmCKXIWXWIxTNzO7148/edit>:

Recommendation Summary: In Article 7 Section 7.1 (a) the IFRT recommends that  this statement "The relevant policies under which the changes are made shall be noted within each monthly report" be removed from the contract, as it is a legacy statement from the NTIA contract that is no longer required.  Implementation of this requirement has long been recognized as being operationally impracticable, ever since the time of the NTIA contract, and the IFRT is satisfied that its continued inclusion in the bylaws adds no value to the reports.

Because of this addition, the co-Chairs have decided to move the due date for dissents to this Friday, 2 October 2020.  If you have any issues with the Report please email the co-Chairs or me by this Friday, otherwise it will be assumed you have approved the Initial Report.

#2. There is NO plenary meeting tomorrow.  Instead, at 17:00 Fred will be hosting the IFRT’s webinar concerning Recommendation 4. Here are tomorrow’s webinar details, if you would like to attend. (and the recording, etc., will be available on the IFRT wiki homepage shortly thereafter)