[Internal-cg] Results of chair structure poll

Daniel Karrenberg daniel.karrenberg at ripe.net
Mon Aug 4 06:42:38 UTC 2014

Joseph,

what you say here is very similar to what made me react so strongly to
what ALAC is doing. We should not tolerate someone just asserting that
we made a certain decision and digging in on that asserted decision.
This kind of behaviour is not useful at best and destructive at worst.
If we tolerate this behaviour at this early stage, we encourage others
to show it as well. Should that happen we will have little chance of
achieving a result within a reasonable time and especially not in the
very short time line that is currently on the table largely unopposed.

Note well that I am not arguing with the rationale that Jean-Jaques puts
forward. I am opposed to tolerating the behaviour mentioned above.

Daniel