[Internal-cg] (no subject)

Daniel Karrenberg daniel.karrenberg at ripe.net
Tue Aug 5 19:11:10 UTC 2014

On 5.08.14 20:30 , Paul Wilson wrote:
> I suggest that this list of members should indicate the source of the nomination for each member, e.g. GAC, NRO, ISOC, etc etc.  This makes it immediately clear how each member comes to be on the ICG, as per the original constitution of the group.
>
> In addition, let’s have a tabular or detailed list which provides whatever additional information is relevant, for easy reference.  We do need to comply with the principle of transparency, and I cannot argue against publication of any information which has been reasonably requested.
>
> Paul.
> On 5.08.14 20:30 , Paul Wilson wrote:> I suggest that this list of members should indicate the source of the nomination for each member, e.g. GAC, NRO, ISOC, etc etc.  This makes it immediately clear how each member comes to be on the ICG, as per the original constitution of the group.

This is the status quo. I welcome it and I have not spoken against it.

I object against my nationality and employer being listed on the ICG
membership page,
currently https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/icg-members-2014-07-29-en.

Including this information there would project an image about my
participation that I consider inappropriate.
I neither represent my country of citizenship, nor my country of
residency nor my employer on the ICG.

> In addition, let’s have a tabular or detailed list which provides whatever additional information is relevant, for easy reference.  We do need to comply with the principle of transparency, and I cannot argue against publication of any information which has been reasonably requested.

I am absolutely in favor of that. Full disclosure is good.
If I recall correctly I was one of the first to provide a structured
self-introduction on our mailing list.
I have answered all questions about myself from other members of the ICG
fully and without reservation so far.
These answers, which include my country of citizenship (DE), my country
of residence(NL) and my employer (RIPE NCC)
are part of the public record of the ICG  in  the mailing list archive
and in the transcript of our first meeting.

Samantha has indeed compiled a table that summarises our introductions.
I have commented on my data in that table to Samantha and I have no
objections on that being published
as part of the record of our first meeting as long as I have a say about
what it says about myself.

Should that table get a very prominent place on our web presence, I
intend to review my entry again
in order to make sure it gives an impression about myself which I
consider appropriate in the context in which it appears.

I consider my position in this matter reasonable, rational and fully in
line with informational self determination.

Should any ICG member wish to know even more about my motivation to take
this position
I will be happy explain more in a personal conversation.

Daniel