[Internal-cg] Further RFP revision

joseph alhadeff joseph.alhadeff at oracle.com
Tue Aug 19 11:51:51 UTC 2014

Paul:

I still think we need to make a better delineation between operational
and non operational communities.  I agree that we should not strictly
limit the number of submissions from operational communities.  If a
subcommunity of an operational community thinks that they need to make a
separate proposal so be it.  That should not also be an invitation to
non-operational communities to submit proposals.  They are welcome to
submit comments on our process, on our RFP, on the operational community
processes (not transparent, not inclusive..).  But the role of
non-operational communities should be to comment within the operational
community processes and then upon publication of the proposal drafts to
comment on them. There could also be the possibility of their commenting
on aspects of the issues which they feel are most important to them -
for example what the minimum of accountability should be.  But our text
still sounds like we will consider complete proposals, which I don't
think we should accept...

Joe