[Internal-cg] Chair responsibilities

Patrik Fältström paf at frobbit.se
Thu Aug 21 17:55:48 UTC 2014

On 21 Aug 2014, at 14:19, Mary Uduma <mnuduma at yahoo.com> wrote:

> However, like Daniel said, I also think it would be helpful to have all communications seen by three of you and members of the ICG as long as such communications relate to the work of the Group.
>
> You may wish to revisit and reconsider that section of you mail.

Mary and others,

The intention was not to say that we chairs wanted to encourage such communication. The intention was instead to let members of the ICG know and be aware of that we in our role as chairs of ICG will explicitly _add_ ICG as a whole or at least the other chairs to the communication _if_ we get mail addressed to us as individuals.

This unless the discussion for example is with one chair regarding behaviour of another of the chairs or other private personal matters.

Otherwise the normal way of managing directly addressed email (for example from you Mary to my personal address) is for me to "just" reply and not for me to add anyone to the cc list, because you did not want to share the information with others.

So the whole idea is that we will if we get private email related to ICG indeed open up and by default add at least co-chairs to the otherwise private discussion.

I hope this makes things more clear.

   Patrik