[Internal-cg] FW: Further RFP revision

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Sat Aug 23 14:31:34 UTC 2014

Alissa, all
I think the RFP is just about good to go. I uncovered some minor editorial changes:

1. first sentence of p. 3: "The ICG encourage each community " should be "The ICG encourages each community"

2. On p. 3 need link to IANA functions contract

3. Delete the second "not" from the second bullet point under II.B
       •	If not all policy sources identified in Section II.A are not affected, identify which ones are affected.

4. Last section has some formatting issues. The bullet point about replacing NTIA with governments has been smushed into the prior point about maintaining the openness of the Internet. It should be a separate bullet point. The last bullet in the list, which asks them to explain how they meet the NTIA criteria, should not be a bullet point but a normal sentence. After the format corrections, it should look like this:

Additionally, NTIA has established that the transition proposal must meet the following five requirements:

  •	Support and enhance the multistakeholder model;
  •	Maintain the security, stability, and resiliency of the Internet DNS;
  •	Meet the needs and expectation of the global customers and partners of the IANA services;
  •	Maintain the openness of the Internet.
  •	The proposal must not replace the NTIA role with a government-led or an inter-governmental organization solution.

This section should explain how your community’s proposal meets these requirements and how its respond to the global interest in the IANA function.

I made all these (hopefully uncontroversial) edits and renumbered to "lucky" v13, and uploaded to Dropbox

Milton L Mueller
http://faculty.ischool.syr.edu/mueller/
Internet Governance Project
http://internetgovernance.org