[Internal-cg] SUBSTANTIVE: RFP Timing

Alissa Cooper alissa at cooperw.in
Tue Aug 26 16:08:05 UTC 2014

On 8/26/14, 6:35 AM, "Daniel Karrenberg" <daniel.karrenberg at ripe.net>
wrote:

>[I am sorry but I must have missed the consensus call on publishing the
>RFP before the IGF. Am I the only one?]
>
>I was surprised that a lot of you expressed that you want to publish the
>RFP before the IGF even though our call uncovered that the text is not
>final today. So there will be changes. Whatever one might think about
>the substance of those, there will be a new text which we will have to
>agree on.
>
>So I must raise the question of how we agree on the final text as a
>group. What will be the mechanism for agreement and the time involved?
>I suggested to do this at the next f2f meeting because it does not seem
>practical to me to achieve agreement by another mechanism before that
>meeting. If we can agree on another mechanism that works faster, all the
>better!
>
>Not using a mechanism that clearly establishes agreement is what I meant
>with "On the Fly!".
>
>I have no objections against sharing the current draft with anyone,
>including communities and IGF participants. I am not opposed to even
>publishing it as the current draft. But until we agree as a group it has
>to stay "draft". We could even say "Draft scheduled to be agreed on
>September 6th" if we want to stress it is pretty stable.

This is exactly what I was suggesting — with the hope that we can settle
on some provisional fixes for the issues raised on the call today within
two days, we can publish a stable draft before the IGF, continue to
solicit feedback on the draft from our communities, and finalize it after
the IGF, either on Sept 6, on the list, or whenever we schedule our next
conference call.

Alissa