[Internal-cg] RFP subgroup

joseph alhadeff joseph.alhadeff at oracle.com
Wed Aug 27 23:10:19 UTC 2014

Jean-Jacques:

I understand the purpose of the proposal, but I have a concern of a
potential unintended side effect.  A stakeholder proposal input that
comes to us related to one of the operational community proposals
bypasses the dialog and consensus process of the relevant operational
community.  That would then put us in a place of vetting a proposal
element that had not been through the same process as the others.  Would
it be appropriate to suggest that while stakeholder comments/input on
proposal elements related to operational community proposals may be
submitted to the ICG for consideration, they must also be submitted as
an input to the relevant operational community proposal process? I can
understand that stakeholders not naturally part of the operational
communities may wish to have this as a way of making sure that their
input is properly considered, but it should also be part of the
consensus development in the appropriate operational community process.
While the ICG could refer the comment into the appropriate operational
community process, it would lose the potency of the arguments and
context that stakeholder input author could offer in support of the
positions as part of the community consensus process.  Finally there had
been a concern that such an open ended call could strain our limited
bandwidth and that it may be hard for us to factor individual input
against consensus processes.  While this is only a potential concern, it
is serious if it arises.

Do you have any thoughts on the above?

Joe