[Internal-cg] CCWG Accountability

Alissa Cooper alissa at cooperw.in
Fri Dec 12 19:44:37 UTC 2014

Hi Kavouss,

As I mentioned to you off-list, I think it’s fine if you want to participate in the CCWG-Accountability as both a GAC representative and ICG liaison, as long as (i) you confirm that the GAC wants you to serve as its representative, which is a decision that needs to be made among you and the other GAC members, without involvement from the ICG, and (ii) you make it clear to all CCWG participants that all of your contributions are on behalf of the GAC unless you explicitly state that you are providing information from the ICG. The ICG has no role in decisions of the GAC about the GAC’s representation in the CCWG.

As the ICG discussed in Los Angeles, (see pages 50-60 of our meeting transcript: http://la51.icann.org/en/schedule/fri-icg/transcript-icg-17oct14-en.pdf ) the ICG wanted to make sure that we had people who could send information back and forth between our group and the CCWG. As summarized in the transcript, "Anything you think is important, let us know. Anything that we think is important, we'll let you know." The structure of the CCWG had not been formulated at the time when you agreed to liaise, but I think we had good agreement within the ICG nonetheless that the liaison role there on our behalf would be to share information back and forth, and not to specifically represent the ICG or vote on our behalf.

If you would prefer, we can see if we can find a different ICG liaison or rely solely on Keith Drazek for now if you think serving as the liaison will interfere with your ability to participate in the CCWG.

Best,
Alissa