[Internal-cg] Proposed agenda for July 17-18

Paul Wilson pwilson at apnic.net
Tue Jul 8 22:55:20 UTC 2014

Alissa, thanks, this is a great start.

Reference documents for background reading and meeting prep are going to be very important, and I look forward to Jari’s draft charter.

About the timeline for the process, do we know of any timeline this is more detailed than the one included here:

   https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/process-next-steps-2014-06-06-en

It will be necessary I suggest to work backwards from 30 Sep 2015, to work out the minimum time periods required for each step in the process - starting firstly with the lead time required by the USG in order for the plan to be considered and approved, before allowing the IANA contract to expire on 30 Sep.  I wonder if the USG or NTIA has made a suggestion about that?

Looking forward to more discussion, and to seeing you in a week or so.

Paul.

Paul Wilson, Director-General, APNIC                      <dg at apnic.net>
http://www.apnic.net                                     +61 7 3858 3100

Take the APNIC Survey 2014 today!                http://survey.apnic.net