[Internal-cg] Welcome and additional information

Theresa Swinehart theresa.swinehart at icann.org
Wed Jul 16 11:34:12 UTC 2014

Dear Coordination Group Members,

First, welcome everyone and thank you for all the work you have and are
about to undertake. The full list of Coordination Group members is in place,
but for the decision regarding the GAC members per your call last week. As
an interim measure, yesterday we were advised that the GAC has identified 2
participants who will be attending, Chair, Heather Dryden, and one
Vice-Chair, Tracy Hackshaw. The Coordination Group membership will be
updated shortly to reflect this as well. The full list can be found at:
https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/coordination-group-2014-06-17-en

Coordination Group members confirmed to participate remotely or in person in
the attachment.

Second, with this note I wanted to provide some additional information to
complement the information sent out last week (please see attached). I'd
been asked to also provide a summary of some thinking around the secretariat
related work, which I'll send out separately.

Before getting to the information below, one thing - I'd like to provide
some administrative and operational information to the Coordination Group at
the start of the meeting. Would it be possible to add that to the start of
the agenda?

Skeletal outline of breakfast, meals, and meeting room: (as shared last
week) (please let us know if you don't wish to join for the dinners).

> Wednesday, 16 July:
> Depending on your arrival time, please join us at the Library (located in
> hotel lobby) for an informal cocktail reception at 19:00-20:30.
>
> Thursday, 17 July:
>> 07:00-09:00: Breakfast available at the Fiamma Restaurant in hotel lobby
>> (breakfast is included in the room rate)
>> 09:00-17:00/18:00 ­ Coordination Group Meeting ­ times at the group's
>> discretion.
>> 18:30 ­ Shuttle leaves hotel for dinner location.
>> 19:00-21:00 ­ Dinner at Galvin¹s Restaurant in Park Lane Hilton Hotel
>> 21:00 ­ Shuttle returns to hotel.
>
> Friday, 18 July
>> 07:00-09:00: Breakfast available at the Fiamma Restaurant in hotel lobby.
>> 09:00-17:00/18:00 ­ Coordination Group Meeting ­ times at the group's
>> discretion.
>> 19:00-21:00 ­ Dinner at Minako restaurant on 23rd floor

Logistics for the London meeting:
* Meeting room: Viscount meeting room (see venue map here
<http://london50.icann.org/en/venue-map>).
* Coordination Group members who are unable to attend in-person may
participate remotely through a phone bridge.
> * Dial-in numbers may be found at: http://adigo.com/ICANN/
> * Conference ID 92957255
> * To ensure that stakeholders across the global Internet community are
> reached, the meeting will be streamed live through a Virtual Meeting Room
> <https://icann.adobeconnect.com/coordinationgroup/> and real-time audio
> interpretation will be available in:
>> * English <http://stream.icann.org:8000/coordinationgroup-en.m3u>
>> * French <http://stream.icann.org:8000/coordinationgroup-fr.m3u>
>> * Spanish <http://stream.icann.org:8000/coordinationgroup-es.m3u>
>> * Chinese <http://stream.icann.org:8000/coordinationgroup-zh.m3u>
>> * Russian <http://stream.icann.org:8000/coordinationgroup-ru.m3u>
>> * Arabic <http://stream.icann.org:8000/coordinationgroup-ar.m3u>
>> * Portuguese <http://stream.icann.org:8000/coordinationgroup-pt.m3u>
> * Scribing will be available. The full transcript will be posted online
> shortly after the meeting ends.
> * If you have any presentations to be projected during the meeting also into
> the virtual meeting / adobe room, please send it to Ergys Ramaj at:
> ergys.ramaj at icann.org
* Additional interim secretariat support:
> * ICANN staff support present at the meeting: General support: Theresa
> Swinehart, Ergys Ramaj, Alice Jansen. For Communications support, Jim
> Trengrove and Luna Madi. Meetings team lead is Nancy Lupiano; IT lead is Cory
> Schruth.
> * Non-ICANN staff support: Samantha Dickinson, who many of you know, will
> provide any support writing, processing of information, draft meeting report,
> or other areas the Coordination Group would find useful. writing,
> summarization, or meeting report preparations. She will be available for the
> Coordination Group as needed.
> * Meetings and the IT teams are available to accommodate additional needs.
> * For communications there is support on site, and the comms team is prepared
> to be on stand by for several aspects including managing media inquires,
> preparing any final press statement the Coordination may want, as well as
> supporting the Coordination Group on ensuring transparency. Jim is also
> available to do video interviews with any coordination group members who wish
> to. Additional support available to the Coordination Group:
>> * Photos, bios, video interviews of Coordination Group Representatives: Help
>> familiarize the community with the CG Representatives, enable a strong sense
>> of transparency and begin building a relationship between the community and
>> the CG Representatives.
>> * Blogging and social media: The Coordination Group may want to use blog
>> posts and social media to increase community engagement.
>> * Announcement at end of the meeting and information updates: The
>> Coordination Group may consider an update on progress and other developments
>> at the conclusion of the two-day meeting.
>> * Language/Translation support: As indicated, interpretation and translation
>> is provided. The language services team is available to translate
>> announcements or proposals by the Coordination Group and will be on-site.
>> * Website hosting: A platform to provide, house, link to other information
>> and discussion tools for the most up to date information on the transition.
>> Discussions still continue on the many community forums, community mailing
>> lists, and previous ICANN-hosted IANA transition mailing list.
We look forward to seeing you in London!

Kind regards,

Theresa