[Internal-cg] Addition to my introduction at the meeting

Patrik Fältström patrik at frobbit.se
Thu Jul 17 10:06:51 UTC 2014

> On 17 jul 2014, at 11:35, Daniel Karrenberg <daniel.karrenberg at ripe.net> wrote:
>
> Since I was the first to introduce myself I did not have a chance to
> recognise the trends in what people considered important to know.
> So here, for the purpose of full disclosure, are some additions withoiut
> wasting further airtime during our meeting:
>
> Selection process:
> http://london50.icann.org/en/schedule/minutes-rssac-24jun14-en.pdf

SSAC members voted me and Russ to become participants. Process is described in our operational procedures.

> Travel funding: My employer, the RIPE NCC, is covering my expenses.
> I do not represent them here.

Netnod, my employer, fund most of my travel. ICANN do fund other parts as I am chair of SSAC. Swedish Government occasionally pays for my travel, according to their rules.

> Citizenship: DE

Citizenship: SE

> Residence: NL, for some 20 years

Residence: SE, but was CA 1995-1996.

> Self-image: Netizen with geographical emphasis on Europe and surrounding
> areas.
>
> Been around: Supported IANA since the 1980s, before ICANN.

Supported IANA and the DNS process(es) since 1986. Been around ietf and ICANN since 1994. Helped us gov (NTIA) come up with registry/registrar model at time of creation of ICANN. Has been on IESG, IAB, ISOC BoT and am now chair of SSAC.

One key contributor to the IDN standard.

   Patrik