[Internal-cg] Input on the Question of the Secretariat

Patrik Fältström paf at frobbit.se
Thu Jul 17 19:00:19 UTC 2014

On 17 jul 2014, at 19:00, Lynn St.Amour <Lynn at LStAmour.org> wrote:

> Some vacation Patrik :-)

Yeah, I know...can not stop thinking about the CG though...although my stay in southern France (Carpentras at the moment) is quite nice actually...

> And would you see the same requirement as below for external contacts and digestibility of actions or emerging directions for broad public consumption?

Let me put it this way...I think the secretariat should help with writing and reading. That said, I am of the specific view that secretariat never ever speak on behalf of the CG and never tries to draw conclusions of the text it summarizes. I.e. summary is one thing, draw conclusions another.

I have, I must say, very very good experience from SSAC and the staff support that ICANN is providing us, where we have found a good division of labour between the members of SSAC and the secretariat.

   Patrik