[Internal-cg] Timeline

Russ Housley housley at vigilsec.com
Sun Jul 20 17:36:12 UTC 2014

Joe:

> In the meeting some one had said That they has spoken to NTIA which said they didn't have a specific timeline in mind.

Since I was presenting the timeline in London, I took it upon myself to ask Larry Strickling.  I thought the information would help the group make a plan.  Larry said that he did not know, and he pointed out that some of the events are outside the control of NTIA.  As I said at the meeting, it was pointed out that Congressional hearings are possible, even likely.  The timeline first discussed on this mail list provided 8 weeks for NTIA evaluation and approval.  Based on the the discussion in London, we decided that a draft should be delivered to NTIA as early as possible, and we should give NTIA more than 8 weeks.

Russ