[Internal-cg] Co-chair roles document for comment

Daniel Karrenberg daniel.karrenberg at ripe.net
Mon Jul 21 10:07:55 UTC 2014

On 21.07.14 0:45 , Mary Uduma wrote:
> In my opinion,  I would ask the ICG to rethink on the  issue of
> co-chairs.  I think we need only a Chairperson to fast-rack our work. It
> is always very challenging to row the  boat smoothly when there are
> several captains. Moreover, ICG is not a permanent Group.
>
> We should cut down on bureaucracies of selecting three co-chairs with
> all the attendant "balancing"  that must be considered in the process.
>
> Looking back at 17-18 July meeting, you will agree with me that it was
> smooth, focused and well steered.
>
> I will urge us to select a capable chair who can always call for
> volunteer leads on  theme(s) and other adhoc task(s}.

I think Mary has spoken very wise words here. It is a pity that we have
been too far down a rat-hole to hear her when she said this during the
meeting. Maybe we can take the chance to heed her advice now.

I, for one, completely agree with her.

I also believe Alissa did an outstanding job preparing and running the
meeting. We should we look further?

Daniel