[Internal-cg] Timeline

Drazek, Keith kdrazek at verisign.com
Mon Jul 21 15:43:32 UTC 2014

Here's one additional data point for consideration and incorporation.

Below is the language from the current NTIA-ICANN agreement regarding renewal terms. It requires NTIA to provide non-binding notice of intent to extend 30 days prior to expiration (August 30) and a  formal notice of intent to extend 15 days prior to expiration (September 15). If neither of those occur, the contract will expire and the transition / NTIA's disengagement will take place. Therefore, NTIA will need to have sufficient time to evaluate and assess well before the end of August.

I.59 52.217-9 OPTION TO EXTEND THE TERM OF THE CONTRACT (MAR 2000)
(a) The Government may extend the term of this contract by written notice to the Contractor
within 15 calendar days before the expiration of the contract; provided that the Government
gives the Contractor a preliminary written notice of its intent to extend at least 30 calendar
days before the contract expires. The preliminary notice does not commit the Government to
an extension.
(b) If the Government exercises this option, the extended contract shall be considered to
include this option clause.
(c) The total duration of this contract, including the exercise of any options under this clause,
shall not exceed seven years.

It is on page 58 at this link:  http://www.ntia.doc.gov/files/ntia/publications/sf_26_pg_1-2-final_award_and_sacs.pdf

Keith

Keith Drazek