[Internal-cg] Appointment of Alissa Cooper as chair of ICG

Patrik Fältström paf at frobbit.se
Fri Jul 25 12:47:17 UTC 2014

Dear Jean-Jacques,

I hope my email was interpreted wrongly and that we can move forward slowly.

I completely understand your concern, and I find it being important to look at our processes and roles from an optics perspective. Just the last couple of days discussions about members and liaisons and this about appointment of leadership (which probably should be done with some reflexion on geography, gender, what party the individual represent etc) demonstrate to me we need a leader, call it interim, that can move us forward.

In London we agreed Alissa was that person for that meeting and I understand some people do think she still is. I did not think so or at least I wanted us to close that issue at least so that someone (Alissa) can be and act as chair until those issues are resolved.

Which of course could imply appointing three or five people of equal rank as chair out of which one might be Alissa or not. Or not appoint anyone. Or accept Alissa is continuing while appointing two Assistants.

What I asked for is consensus among us to have Alissa be the person that until we have a new leadership can and should act as our leader. Call it interim if you want.

If no objection is rised before Monday 1800 I find her be in that role.

With this clarification, I ask you whether you can accept her have that role, or if this notice from you is to be interpreted as an objection.

Please clarify.

   Patrik