[Internal-cg] Participation in ICG - 6 points to reach consensus on

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Fri Jul 25 16:29:21 UTC 2014

Yes, Patrik I fully understood your original rationale. I still don't agree with it, however.
If we want staff help in actually writing documents (and I don't think we need that or should do it most of the time anyway) someone on the CG can send them a non-official copy and then file the changes themselves. If the ICANN staff members are on the CG as liaisons or as support, there is no justification for delegating to them the authority to write our documents. That's obviously asking for trouble.

--MM