[Internal-cg] Room availability for Sept meeting
kdrazek at verisign.com
Mon Jul 28 16:00:02 UTC 2014
Sounds good, thanks Alyssa. I could do September 6 if the logistics work out.
From: internal-cg-bounces at icann.org [mailto:internal-cg-bounces at icann.org] On Behalf Of Alissa Cooper
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2014 11:56 AM
To: Alissa Cooper; ICG Internal
Subject: Re: [Internal-cg] Room availability for Sept meeting
I just got word that we should know for sure about Sept 6 room availability by tomorrow, and that it’s looking likely that a room will be available. So let’s table this discussion until tomorrow unless anyone feels like they absolutely cannot wait one more day.
On 7/28/14, 8:30 AM, "Alissa Cooper" <alissa at cooperw.in> wrote:
>The ICANN staff has been busily trying to find a place for us to meet
>in Istanbul, and this is proving rather difficult.
>Currently, the only day when there is both a room available in which we
>can meet and when the translation service is available is Friday,
>September 5, which is the last day of the IGF. The ICANN staff are
>still investigating possibilities for September 6, but there are public
>holidays in Turkey this week, which means it may take a few more days
>before we have any more information about room availability for
>September 6. (On Sept 1 there is room availability but the translation
>service is not available — I do not think we can meet without
>translation, but if you disagree, please say so.)
>At this point I think we have three options:
>1. Decide that we will not meet in Istanbul.
>With this option, people who need to urgently make travel arrangements
>for the IGF can do so immediately. The ICANN staff is still checking on
>room availability in Los Angeles around the ICANN 51 meeting time, so
>we could aim to schedule our next face-to-face meeting around ICANN 51
>by the end of this week or early next week (and perhaps schedule a
>couple of conference calls between now and then as well). We could also
>try to put together an informal “get to know each other” gathering in
>Istanbul even if we don’t meet formally.
>2. Decide that we will meet on September 5.
>Some ICG participants will certainly have conflicts at various points
>during the day on September 5, but we could meet anyway, or perhaps
>meet for part of the day. There is a plenary session about IANA on the
>IGF schedule from 9:30 to 11:00 that day; we could plan to meet from
>11:30 to 18:00, for example. I have also reached out to a contact
>involved with the IGF organizing to see if that IANA session could be
>moved to a different day so that the ICG could meet for the full day,
>and she is checking on that. Note: The room that is available to us on
>September 5 is near the IGF venue (it’s at the Grand Hyatt), but not at
>the IGF venue, so people transferring back and forth between the two
>venues will need a little bit of time to do that.
>3. Wait until we get more information about September 6 to decide.
>Hopefully by the end of this week we will know more about room
>availability on September 6, so we could wait for that information
>What are your thoughts about how to proceed? Do people have drop-dead
>dates by which they absolutely must book their travel?
>Internal-cg mailing list
>Internal-cg at icann.org
Internal-cg mailing list
Internal-cg at icann.org
More information about the Internal-cg