[Internal-cg] Role of the board

Manal Ismail manal at tra.gov.eg
Mon Oct 27 20:35:13 UTC 2014

Thanks Alissa, your point regarding ICANN delivering the proposal to the
NTIA not necessarily the ICANN Board is well noted .. I also agree with
you and Joseph on the 2-way liaising function of both liaisons, which I
think is already reflected in " ... to keep the Board and the ICG
informed about the implications of the transition." But not equally
reflected in "Both liaisons are there to provide information about the
IANA functions ..." .. We can fine tune the language or simply delete
the part that is inaccurate, for the sake of shorter answers as
suggested by Narelle (I'm also in favour of shorter answers) ..

Regarding the below bullet points shared by Alissa, I believe they are
all more or less agreed expect that it was also suggested that " When
the ICG submits the final proposal to ICANN, it will also be released to
the general public and to NTIA as well.", which may not be needed if
ICANN confirms its intention to deliver the proposal as submitted and to
have any discussion/comments channeled through the established community
processes ..

Kind Regards
--Manal