[Internal-cg] Version 1 of the agenda

Kavouss Arasteh kavouss.arasteh at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 20:50:59 UTC 2014

Dear All
I still believe that whether or nor ICG is political or non political
environment we need to follow normal practices that every body else
follows..
If in IETF or other ICANN constituencies that practice was not followed, it
is not to me to intervene. However, as far as ICG which has been
established pursuant to the announcement of NTIA( political or otherwise)
we should formally approve or confirm the election or designation.
I am n not convinced by the argument given below
" 1. I don’t see a real need to formally confirm/designate the
chairs/vicechairs. This was already done with the election and the
acceptance of the candidates and is hopefully reflected in the related
minutes. I think we are here in a working and not in a political
environment where such a formal step may be applicable."
Unquote
In the quoted paragraph it is mentioned that ' the acceptance of the
candidates and is hopefully reflected in the related minutes"
WHAT MINUTES.
Dear Col;leagues
There was some consultations ,there was poll.
There was some outcome .
Some voted .Some did not voted
The results supported the Chair and two Vice chairs as contained in one of
the last e-mail
However, as ICG is a formal Group and its output and decisions are formal
thus the designation /election of the Chair and two Vice chairs must be
formally announced ,no doubt without any discussion ,what so ever ,
I hope that you have now been briefed as you should be and kindlky agree to
that process
 Regards
KAVOUSS
I have not seen any minute( s0 as e-mail correspondence is e-mail
correspondence and in no way is to be understood to construe as " Minutes"
As for SUMMARY OF DECISION or WRAP UP
I am happy that finally it is being accepted thus Patrik is kindly
requested to include that in the agenda

It’s clear that in case of a public statement of the meeting this statement
has to be discussed within the ICG. I suggest put the topic “public
statement” under AOB – just as placeholder