[Internal-cg] consensus building

Alissa Cooper alissa at cooperw.in
Wed Sep 3 08:28:32 UTC 2014

Wolf-Ulrich,

Thanks for your work on this.

On 9/2/14, 1:19 AM, "WUKnoben" <wolf-ulrich.knoben at t-online.de> wrote:

>* “small minority”: should further be discussed. I added
>  the condition that a recommendation is not reached if at least one of
>the ICG
>  communities (according to the list) as a whole is firmly and formally
>opposed.
>  That would mean a formal written objection by the community leadership
>on
>  behalf of their community.

I’m not sure this matches what was being discussed on the list. If we use
the text Martin had suggested, I think the third bullet under section 4(b)
should read:

"After enough time has passed for the ICG to consider and attempt to
accommodate objections, the ICG can reach a conclusion if at most a small
minority disagrees and their objections have been documented.  It is not
expected that the representatives of an operational community
significantly and directly affected by a conclusion would be overruled in
this process.”