[Internal-cg] consensus building

WUKnoben wolf-ulrich.knoben at t-online.de
Thu Sep 4 21:20:38 UTC 2014

Thanks Kavouss for the explanation.

I think here’s the main point to be discussed at our meeting in Istanbul. I’m still more inclined to follow the consensus approach which would mean – at least for me as a consequence, and I understand Martin’s comment similarly – not to impose dedicated threshold figures but to qualitatively describe under what conditions a recommendation can be reached. Consensus means that no-one at the end is overruled. Neither 29 overrule 1 nor vice versa 1 blocks 29. Imposing a voting scheme is at least for me not consistent with this principle.

I’d also like to follow some of Kavouss’ comments with Martin’s polite polishing (it definitely “will” improve my English).

My comments are inserted in the document attached.

Best regards

Wolf-Ulrich