[Internal-cg] Direct consultation with communities

Paul Wilson pwilson at apnic.net
Sat Sep 6 13:54:01 UTC 2014

Adiel pointed out to me that we already have an open session in LA in addition to the ICG meeting on the Friday.  So I withdraw the proposal to have a special open consultation session during the ICG meeting.

I do suggest that a combined open consultation session is the best way to reach the broader community.

I do not favour individual community meetings, and particularly not closed ones, for several of the reasons discussed in today’s meeting - transparency, balance/fairness, efficiency/cost etc.

Other than this, the ICG is comprised of individuals all of whom are charged with providing a bridge between their communities and the group as a whole.

Thanks,

Paul Wilson, Director-General, APNIC                      <dg at apnic.net>
http://www.apnic.net                                     +61 7 3858 3100

See you at APNIC 38!                      http://conference.apnic.net/38