[Internal-cg] Consensus building discussion

joseph alhadeff joseph.alhadeff at oracle.com
Sat Sep 13 12:39:38 UTC 2014

Kavous:

I think it depends on the nature of the concern, that's why t needs to
be on a case by case basis.  For example, ICC-Basis as a whole may have
wanted more testing of the proposal, but that may not be the basis for
saying it is not a proposal that should be considered.  I think the
operational communities, because of their role, and if the nature of the
objection is operational, have a different nature of objection...

Perhaps a better phrasing might be:

All stakeholder communities have a role in the development of the broad
consensus called for; the nature, scope and breadth of support of
concerns/objections within and across stakeholder communities will
impact the ability of the ICG to submit a proposal that meets the
requirements of the NTIA process. Concerns of an operational nature form
one or more operational community would also significantly limit the
ability of ICG to submit a proposal that meets the terms of the  NTIA
requirements.

This would replace the last sentence.

Its certainly not exact, but as we have found, precise terms have been
beyond our reach because of the need to properly apply these principles
in context...

Happy to see if anyone has better words than mine...

Joe