[Internal-cg] FW: Consensus document - for discussion Sept 17

Lynn St.Amour Lynn at lstamour.org
Wed Sep 17 18:10:06 UTC 2014

Alissa, all,

I support the document as is.    Having said this of course, I do have a few comments below.

The second sentence says (rather abruptly): "ICANN Board Liaison and ICANN Staff Liaison Expert do not take part in ICG decision making."  Could we not instead say:  "Participation in the decision making process is reserved to the full members of the ICG and hence does not include ICANN Board Liaisons or ICANN Staff".

Section 2 - 3rd para: currently says: "It is important to emphasize that expressed disagreement is not, by itself, grounds for abusive behavior."  I believe it would it be more clear to say: "It is important to emphasize that expressed disagreement is not, by itself, indicative of abusive behavior.  At all times, ICG members should expect and hold oneself to respectful articulation of any points of disagreement.

Section 3 - 3rd para., 1st sentence:  for greater clarity delete "for decision making" at the end of that sentence.  I have also just seen Narelle and Manal's comments and am happy with those edits as well.

Finally, I would like to note my thanks to Kavouss and Manal for pulling the group of 11 together.  It was a very good meeting and we were all clearly working together to reach consensus :-) (sorry, couldn't help it).

Best regards,
Lynn