[Internal-cg] Plan for side meetings / ICANN 51

Lynn St.Amour Lynn at lstamour.org
Tue Sep 23 17:41:48 UTC 2014

On Sep 22, 2014, at 11:33 PM, Milton L Mueller <mueller at syr.edu> wrote:

> [...]

Hi Milton,

the messages you propose (attend the broader public meeting and encouraging participation in the operational community processes) are very important - and the latter should be standard operating practice in my opinion.

At the same time, I think it is imperative that we be responsive to (reasonable) requests for additional engagement - assuming they meet several requirements, as I believe already largely agreed on the ICG list.  To reiterate them here from Alissa's summary: "Side meetings are public, minuted, and, to the extent possible, translated."   Many of these meetings are even transcribed; and inclusiveness and broad participation are also goals we are striving for.

With respect to meeting with the CCWG and the ccNSO, I think many of the ICG would welcome that opportunity.  It was suggested that we make the GAC and ALAC meetings known and make it clear that we are available to meet with other groups as they think necessary.  Do you think we should make a different or additional overture to the CCWG and the ccNSO?

Best,
Lynn