[Internal-cg] Community Comments Handling Process ..

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Sun Feb 1 15:30:33 UTC 2015

Ah, Daniel. No need to acknowledge communications at all; the people who send them can see them pop up on a web archive. And because they exist somewhere on an archive, we of course can assume that everyone reads them (after all, they have nothing else to do). And the OCs who may be the subject of the concern to begin with can be assumed to take them as seriously as they need to because, well, they are sitting there on a web archive.

Sorry, but if we wanted to do a more thorough job of making it appear as if we don't give a damn about any objections or questions the procedure you describe is perfect.

These are people, not machines, and it is a political process in which legitimacy is important, not a deterministic handshake in a data communication protocol. I think we have to make it clear that we are doing due diligence.

I understand your concern I think the risks of your approach are massively larger than some kind of simply ack and forwarding.

Actually, some of us do not spend 24 hours a day monitoring these forums.