[Internal-cg] Building on Commonalities .. [was: Handling process complaints]

Subrenat, Jean-Jacques jjs at dyalog.net
Mon Feb 2 14:36:08 UTC 2015

Dear Manal & All,

I will be taking part in the Singapore ICG meeting by remote participation. In the meantime, I would like to offer a remark.

Having volunteered to help Manal on how community input and comments should be handled, I was expecting that we would all wait for Manal to send around an initial draft. As we know, things went faster than that. I've not consulted Manal about this, but can easily imagine that keeping track of all our input without a first common reference was not so simple. She's made a very good job of summing up the various suggestions: thank you Manal!

May I suggest that in the future, when someone or a small group of colleagues is asked to take on a specific job, we let her/him/them send out her/his/their initial draft, and respond to that?

I wish you a very productive and pleasant stay in Singapore!

Best regards,
Jean-Jacques.