[Internal-cg] Review of Protocol Parameters and Numbers Proposals for completeness

Daniel Karrenberg daniel.karrenberg at ripe.net
Thu Feb 5 22:39:04 UTC 2015

On 6.02.15 5:32 , Patrik Fältström wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have spent some time looking at the Numbers and Protocol Parameters proposals in parallel with the IANA Contract and specifically the ICANN Response to the RFP. The goal was to try to identify gaps or overlaps that the proposals did not take into account.
>
> Specifically, I looked at two areas:
>
> - The registries related to IP addresses and AS numbers
> - The IANA.ORG domain name
>
> I did add the summary of my review in my assessment of the Numbers Proposal where I did start with Wulf Ulrich excellent work (and that is why you see much text in my assessment that is exactly the same words as in his assessment).
>
> My assessment is in the dropbox and also attached to this email.
>
>      Patrik

For the record: I concur with the assessment so far. Patrik's additional
analysis is useful and correct. I am extremely confident that any
remaining small gaps or overlaps between protocol parameters and
numbers, should they exist,  will not turn out to be critical. The
record shows that protocol parameters and numbers are capable of
resolving such issues in a timely manner.

I strongly suggest that we congratulate the numbers community and
particularly the CRISP team volunteers on a job well done. They have
managed to do substantial work at an amazing pace without ever loosing
touch with the community. I consider it extremely important that the
numbers community hears the ICG appreciating their work and their
achievement finish it according to our time-line.

Daniel

For completeness I repeat my earlier disclosure:

As a member of the RIPE community I have participated in the public
discussion about the principles for the numbers proposal. As part of my
job at the RIPE NCC I have provided advice to management about the
development of the proposal. I have also worked actively within the RIR
communities to explain the process and the work of the ICG.