[Internal-cg] Building on Commonalities .. [was: Handling process complaints]

Joseph Alhadeff joseph.alhadeff at oracle.com
Sat Feb 7 00:08:55 UTC 2015

I support this approach as well.

Joe

Sent from my Android phone using TouchDown (www.nitrodesk.com)

-----Original Message-----

From: Lynn St.Amour [Lynn at lstamour.org]
To: Manal Ismail [manal at tra.gov.eg]
CC: ICG [internal-cg at icann.org]
Subject: Re: [Internal-cg] Building on Commonalities .. [was: Handling process complaints]

Manal,

first, GREAT job as usual!

And, both you and Daniel have laid this out quite clearly.  Thank you both.

I support many of Daniel's points (just as you did), in fact, all but one.  I do have concerns about "No acknowledgements. No forwarding" for the reasons you state.    It does not feel responsive enough.

I would support a path that acknowledged and forwarded any comments the ICG forum received to the appropriate OC - with a short note re our expectations (captured largely in your earlier note, and worded in a way that did not trigger our common fears of incorrect impressions).  It could also reaffirm the role of the OC's and the ICG - this will also be instructional for anyone else contemplating a note to the ICG.

I also see this more as an Operating Practice than a Procedure per se.

If we go this way, I am happy to work with Manal (and others) on text.

Best all,

Lynn