[Internal-cg] Interpretation of 'Consensus' ..

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Thu Jan 15 15:34:14 UTC 2015

From: Joseph Alhadeff [mailto:joseph.alhadeff at oracle.com]

In your last comment are you suggesting that we would then question that communities decision on how they determine consensus?

MM: Yes and no. We could question its decision, but not its established procedure for determining consensus. We would, in effect, be questioning their application of their consensus rules to the given situation. Rules and procedures are always subject to interpretation and discretion, and parties within a process can dispute whether they were properly applied. If we see such challenges or disputes, we will have to make judgments about them. Surely you are not saying that there is consensus simply because whoever sent us a proposal response says there is?