[Internal-cg] Open ICG session in Singapore

Adiel Akplogan adiel at afrinic.net
Tue Jan 20 12:30:39 UTC 2015

Thank you Patrik for this plan,

On Jan 19, 2015, at 23:59 PM, Paul Wilson <pwilson at apnic.net> wrote:

>> The session is scheduled for Monday, 9 February - 10:15-13:00.
>>
>> I suggest it be divided as follows:
>>
>> 10:15-10:20
>>
>> Patrik Fältström - moderator for the whole session
>> Introduction to the structure of the session
>
> I suggest a recap of the process and where we are in it; which may take more than 5 minutes.  Not too long, but 10 min may be more realistic.

Agree.

> 10:20-11:00
>>
>> Operational Community 1
>
> Can we set the order of the communities to speak? Perhaps in order of proposals received: protocols, then numbers, then names.

Sound ok to me. Or we can go by the usual Alphabetic order.

> Who do you expect to present at this point?  For numbers I would suggest a representative of the CRISP Team which developed the proposal.  If this is agreed, then I will ask the chair asap, to make sure she is available (or can assign someone who is).

I support the presentations to be made by a designated representative of the various communities outside the ICG. So one of the chairs of the CRISP team is fine by me (but we leave to each of the groups to identify who will speak for them).

> 11:00-11:40
>>
>> Operational Community 2
>>
>> 11:40-12:20
>>
>> Operational Community 3
>>
>> 12:20-13:00
>>
>> Representatives from ICG + Operational Communities on stage, open microphone
>>
>> ICG will for this slot have three people on stage. The rest of ICG will be on the floor and have "priority" at microphones if they want to speak. I will as moderator for the session announce this, and ask ICG members "to stand up" to show who are ICG members.
>
> I would be careful about the “priority” issue;  IMHO ICG members should take priority only if they have specific questions to answer.  This should not become a talk-fest for ICG members to hold forth in preference to community members; but that will be in your hands as moderator.

+1

>> Microphones will be two queues (again) but the two queues should be beside each other. One for "new items" and one for "same item”.
>
> Agreed - works well.

Interesting and I like it.

>> I am thinking of a third microphone just for ICG members -- if you think that would be preferred.
>
> I don’t think it’s necessary - again it creates a division/priority which isn’t helpful, IMHO.

I’m with Paul on this.

>> I will be moderating, so I need three people from ICG to be on stage for the third portion. Alternatively, we have no ICG members on the stage, but a separate microphone for ICG.
>
> I suggest the 3 co-chairs, Alissa, yourself and Mohamed.

As Alissa will not be there, I think the 2 co-chairs will do as well.

Thanks.

- a.