[Internal-cg] Handling process complaints

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Fri Jan 30 05:52:13 UTC 2015

This doesn't make any sense to me, Patrik. Most process complaints or concerns (and yes, Daniel, they ARE complaints) will have been expressed in the operational community but were not adequately answered or resolved, in the minds of the complainants. People send comments to us precisely because we are not the operational community.

> In most cases it is probably the case that the
> question in reality already have been taken care of, according to whatever
> process that specific operational community have. Including appeals (or
> similar arrangements).

Really? This response seems to assume that the OC processes were perfect and no one would ever have cause to dispute them. I can't buy that.

Let me also remind everyone - again - that the RFP was an ICG product, made in response to the NTIA - it was not an operational community product. We required them to be open and inclusive. If someone complains that they were not open and inclusive, we have to make judgments about whether those complaints are worth pursuing by the ICG.