[IOT] status on in-person hearing discussion following today's call

Kavouss Arasteh kavouss.arasteh at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 19:03:43 UTC 2016

Beckie
Pls take the ICANN language and delete " Clearly" as follows

 The IRP PANEL should conduct its proceedings with the presumption that
in-person hearings shall not be permitted.  The presumption against
in-person hearings may be rebutted only under extraordinary circumstances,
which are limited to circumstances where, upon motion by a Party, the IRP
PANEL determines that the party seeking an in-person hearing has
demonstrated, with  convincing evidence, that: (1) an in-person hearing is
necessary for a fair resolution of the claim; (2) an in-person hearing is
necessary to further the PURPOSES OF THE IRP; and (3) considerations of
fairness and furtherance of the PURPOSES OF THE IRP outweigh the time and
financial expense of an in-person hearing.  In no circumstances shall
in-person hearings be permitted for the purpose of introducing new
arguments or evidence that could have been previously presented, but were
not previously presented, to the IRP PANEL.