[IOT] IRP IOT Meeting Thursday, Oct. 19, 19:00 UTC

McAuley, David dmcauley at verisign.com
Mon Oct 16 18:11:54 UTC 2017

Dear members of the IRP IOT:

Our next meeting is set for this coming Thursday, Oct. 19, at 19:00 UTC.

I want to keep this as scheduled. However, I note that a computer glitch prevented me from working on preparations all weekend and until this afternoon today, Monday the 16th.

Therefore, rather than tackle a new rule, I want to review progress on rules we have been addressing, confirming first readings, finalizing suggested text and like matters.

I will send an agenda by Wednesday, and some preparatory email by Wednesday or Thursday morning, as my work schedule allows.

In the meantime, Liz, I believe you were going to suggest language regarding what the IRP panel can requests as far as additional information (taking into consideration Kavouss's point about justification for such additional materials); and

Avri, you were going to look at resubmitting your original proposal about ongoing monitoring where it did not fall under ATRT and where you would add in participation in some form by the IRP Standing

Panel (possibly designating participation by the Chair). My recollection is that I am of the opinion that the IRP should be reviewed every five years and while you liked that idea you did not want it to be forced on ATRT.

More later, and thank you all for participating in this important work.

Sr International Policy & Business Development Manager

Verisign Inc.

703-948-4154