[IOT] Important Update

McAuley, David dmcauley at Verisign.com
Wed Mar 6 12:17:26 UTC 2019

Hello Malcolm,

I have been looking at this from every angle I could think of and this is what I came to propose - and welcome your letter as feedback that we can discuss.

Many thanks and hope to see you at ICANN 64.

Best regards

Sr International Policy & Business Development Manager
Verisign Inc.
703-948-4154

-----Original Message-----
From: Malcolm Hutty <malcolm at linx.net>
Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2019 7:02 AM
To: McAuley, David <dmcauley at Verisign.com>; iot at icann.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [IOT] Important Update

On 06/03/2019 11:56, McAuley, David via IOT wrote:

>In my view, a challenge to the nature of participation of ICANN staff
>in  the IOT is best resolved by ICANN in consultation with SOs and ACs.

> As a consequence, I suggest that we forward this issue to ICANN Org,
> with a copy to SO and AC leaders, as per the proposed letter below.

David,

Good to have you back.

I thought that we had agreed it is best resolved by decision of the SOs and ACs, not by the ICANN Chief Executive.

I thought we had agreed that you and I would draft a letter addressed to the SOs and ACs inviting them

i) to refresh our group with new participants; and
ii) to state whether ICANN staff are eligible for membership of this group.

This letter does not fulfil that decision I thought we had made.

Malcolm.

--
            Malcolm Hutty | tel: +44 20 7645 3523
   Head of Public Affairs | Read the LINX Public Affairs blog  London Internet Exchange | http://publicaffairs.linx.net/

                 London Internet Exchange Ltd
           Monument Place, 24 Monument Street London EC3R 8AJ

         Company Registered in England No. 3137929