[IOT] Thoughts on Rule 4 Time for Filing

Malcolm Hutty malcolm at linx.net
Tue Nov 3 17:20:36 UTC 2020

On 02/11/2020 17:12, David McAuley wrote:
> My understanding of the argument in opposition of an overall time
> limitation is that a claimant could be time barred before it ever learns
> of the alleged harm.

Actually, it's even worse than that: if this concept of "repose" is
adopted the claimant could be time barred before they even suffer the
alleged harm.

i.e. time will have run out before the claimant is affected by the
action, and so at no point will they ever be eligible to file a claim.

This is plainly inconsistent with any concept of fundamental fairness.

--
            Malcolm Hutty | tel: +44 20 7645 3523
   Head of Public Affairs | web: www.linx.net

                 London Internet Exchange Ltd
      c/o WeWork 77 Leadenhall Street London EC3A 3DE

         Company Registered in England No. 3137929