[IOT] Standing Panel chair

McAuley, David dmcauley at Verisign.com
Tue Jul 25 19:50:55 UTC 2023

Hello all,

Flip asked whether the IRP Standing Panel would have a chair.

As I read Bylaw 4.3, it does not describe the process through which a chair is designated - I assume the panel will have to work that out.

But Bylaw 4.3 does anticipate there being a chair in a specific, if indirect, reference. In the section about the Cooperative Engagement Process, Bylaw 4.3(e) is this language (emphasis added) at 4.3(e)(iv):

(iv) Unless all parties agree on the selection of a particular IRP Mediator, any IRP Mediator appointed shall be selected from the members of the Standing Panel (described in Section 4.3(j) below) by its Chair, but such IRP Mediator shall not thereafter be eligible to serve as a panelist presiding over an IRP on the matter.

Best wishes,

Policy Director

Verisign, Inc.