[IOT] Updates to Rule 3 on IRP Panel selection when no Standing Panel does not have capacity

Sam Eisner Samantha.Eisner at icann.org
Tue Sep 19 20:03:08 UTC 2023

As discussed on our call, attached please find a proposed update to Rule 3, sections 3 and 3.a to address today’s discussion on clarifying that capacity could go to one, two, or all three seats on an IRP Panel.  To ease review of the proposed language, I accepted all prior revisions and made changes from there in redline form.  I also inserted a couple of comments for consideration.  In particular, it seems to me that that the Standing Panel should only offer a path forward to seating the other members of the IRP Panel when there are one or two panelists needed.  If a full IRP Panel is needed, maybe we defer that back to the parties.

Looking forward to your comments/inputs.

Thanks,

Sam