[IOTF] IOTF Call #10 - Meeting Notes (25 May 2016 @ 16:00 UTC)

Jonathan Robinson jrobinson at afilias.info
Tue May 31 15:58:51 UTC 2016

Thanks Chuck,

Exactly, if the PTI President is an ICANN Employee, that person will need to
be seconded to PTI. But it is not a necessary condition that the PTI
President is an ICANN Employee, that person could be a PTI employee.

This goes to the heart of the presumption in the document as it stands i.e.
all IANA staff are necessarily ICANN staff seconded to the subsidiary
whether or not they are currently employed by ICANN or yet to be employed in
the future.

Currently the document states that "The President will be a seconded IANA
staff".

In fact, as this is written, it seems ambiguous i.e. does it mean that the
IANA staff member will be seconded to the role of president or does it mean
that it is an IANA staff member who has been seconded to that role from
ICANN? I believe it is the latter.

Jonathan