[IPC-GNSO] Fwd: [Soac-infoalert] Reflections on the IANA Stewardship Transition Process

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 03:13:10 UTC 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: *David Olive* <david.olive at icann.org>
Date: Wednesday, September 23, 2015
Subject: [Soac-infoalert] Reflections on the IANA Stewardship Transition
Process
To: "soac-infoalert at icann.org" <soac-infoalert at icann.org>

Reflections on the IANA Stewardship Transition Process
September 23, 2015 by Assistant Secretary for Communications and
Information and NTIA Administrator Lawrence E. Strickling
[image: Assistant Secretary for Communications and Information and NTIA
Administrator Lawrence E. Strickling]
[image: Printer-friendly version]Printer-friendly version
<http://www.ntia.doc.gov/print/blog/2015/reflections-iana-stewardship-transition-process>

With the closing of the public comment period, we at NTIA continue to be
impressed by the dedication and hard work of the many stakeholders involved
in planning the transition of NTIA’s stewardship of the Internet’s domain
name system. We are pleased to see so many stakeholders participate in the
crafting of the plan to transition NTIA’s role related to the DNS technical
functions, known as the IANA functions.  Everyone that benefits from the
Internet has a stake in the success of the multistakeholder model and a
voice in this process.
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/blog/2015/reflections-iana-stewardship-transition-process

Sent from my iPhone

David A. Olive
Vice President, Policy Development Support
General Manager, ICANN Regional Headquarters –Istanbul
Hakki Yeten Cad. Selenium Plaza No:10/C K:10 34349 Fulya, Besiktas, Istanbul

Direct Line: +90.212.999.6212
Mobile:       + 1. 202.341.3611 <+%201.%20202.341.3611>
Mobile:       +90.533.341.6550
Email:  david.olive at icann.org
<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','david.olive at icann.org');>
www.icann.org