[IPC-GNSO] IPC Input Requested - Proposed GDPR/WHOIS Discussion Event (Tentative Date January 25, 2018)

Brian Winterfeldt Brian at Winterfeldt.law
Wed Jan 17 01:07:18 UTC 2018

Dear colleagues,

As mentioned during today's IPC membership meeting, we are hoping to hold an event next week, tentatively scheduled for the afternoon of Thursday, January 25, 2018, to discuss the various GDPR compliance models published by ICANN for community input.  Our tentative plan is to host the event in our WIPG offices in Washington, DC to accommodate in-person attendance, as well as provide remote participation for any IPC members and other interested community participants who are unable to attend in person.  As noted during the membership meeting, this date should help us leverage the event being hosted by the Global Innovation Policy Center (GIPC) of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce earlier in the day with Cherine Chalaby, Chair of the ICANN Board of Directors.

The primary purpose of the event would be to present and discuss the various models, in order to help clarify our thinking and advocacy approach in responding to ICANN's request for input, and to also demonstrate to ICANN and the wider community that the IPC and its allies are coordinated and focused on this very critical issue.

Please let us know whether you have any objection to holding this proposed event.  Otherwise, please share any comments, questions, or suggestions with us so we can be sure that the event is as impactful as possible.

Thank you,

Brian

[https://daks2k3a4ib2z.cloudfront.net/59358b8cf7332631232417e8/595fb59d73c5b113a1d2a61b_WIPG_LogoMark.png]<https://www.winterfeldt.law/>

Brian J. Winterfeldt
Principal
Winterfeldt IP Group
1200 17<x-apple-data-detectors://12/1>th<x-apple-data-detectors://12/1> St NW<x-apple-data-detectors://12/1>, Ste 501<x-apple-data-detectors://12/1>
Washington, DC  20036<x-apple-data-detectors://12/1>
brian at winterfeldt.law<mailto:brian at winterfeldt.law>
+1 202 903 4422