[IRT.RegDataPolicy] Rec 10 consideration: error in recommendation to be corrected? or proceed with implementing the recommendation as is.

Dennis Chang dennis.chang at icann.org
Thu Aug 22 00:23:44 UTC 2019

Dear IRT,

Thanks for supporting the IRT call today.
Regarding the Recommendation 10, there was a suggestion that we have a table.
I wanted to show you this IRT.Data Elements Matrix today but unfortunately my computer quit on me.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c235iuKWX5-lKufkR67pPF0OEf-Fw3W94WPepCx4ep8/edit#gid=1382512791

As you may recall, this matrix is referenced in the IRT.Rec 10 Analysis document but may not have not been used the IRT in the analysis.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OuZT7xL5wuV1ynVmpVNxFycU93gvPlvbzx_g9lXCYCw/edit#<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OuZT7xL5wuV1ynVmpVNxFycU93gvPlvbzx_g9lXCYCw/edit>

I believe the IRT.Data Elements Matrix already offers the table you are wanting.
I draw your attention to the Registrar sheet cell 8X and 9X where we’ve flag these for IRT attention.
[cid:image001.png at 01D55845.2EDE3580]

We are making it clear here that what’s reflected is aligned with the recommendation and we are now considering changing this to be “inconsistent with the recommendation” due to an error in the recommendation language.
We, as the implementation team, can deviate from the recommendation if we all agree that we are correcting an obvious error and not changing the policy.
Lack of an IRT agreement is likely to default in the implementation language true to the recommendation language at least for the public comment.
The way the recommendation reads now is Registry Expiry Date MUST be published by both Registrar and Registry Operators according to the recommendation, while Registrar Registration Expiration Date MAY be published
[cid:image002.png at 01D55845.2EDE3580]

I submit this for IRT consideration and proceeding with caution as not to rush an important implementaiton decision.

—
Kind Regards,
Dennis S. Chang
GDD Services & Engagement Program Director
Telephone: +1 213 293 7889
Skype: dennisSchang
www.icann.org<http://www.icann.org>