[IRT.RegDataPolicy] IRT Task 174 Review Drafting Error #10: DNSSEC Element transfer from Registrar to Registry Operator 20211122

Dennis Chang dennis.chang at icann.org
Fri Oct 8 16:38:03 UTC 2021

Dear IRT,

Here is another drafting error we uncovered.
We’d appreciate IRT review to ensure we’ve got this correctly.
174

Review Drafting Error #10: DNSSEC Element transfer from Registrar to Registry Operator<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1q9I2ZBTkiq8hFOZeWwdYAaiUge3JLFx7/edit>

20211122

We’ll add it to next week’s agenda to explain the rationale but note that you have two weeks to complete the task.
This is to allow time for the IRT members to consult with their technical experts back at home.

One note on the drafting error document.
This document as you know will be used for Public Comment to be transparent and clear on our implementation that are not aligned with the recommendation.  When we publish the policy, this document will not be part of that.
However, we will maintain this work as a background material and it will be published on the IRT wiki for future reference.
We may also use some of the content for Educational Material where applicable.

We appreciate IRT support on careful examination of these drafting errors.
Without IRT, I think we’d have to go back to the Board and GNSO for every one of these items.
I feel fortunate to have the dedicated IRT supporting the IPT – the ICANN org implementation project team.

--
Gratefully Yours,
Dennis S. Chang