[ispcp] NOMCOM Appointment

Mark McFadden mcfadden at 21st-century-texts.com
Wed Sep 27 11:10:56 UTC 2006

All:

Our constituency is responsible for one seat on the ICANN NomCom.  The
importance of this committee cannot be underestimated: it does not
really nominate people for the Board of Directors, Council, etc.
Instead, it selects them.

This year we were fortunate to have Tony Harris take the role of NomCom
Representative.  The NomCom Representative is limited to two consecutive
years of service.  Tony has served one and has stated an interest in
serving the second year.

For the purposes of making a selection, is there anyone else in the
constituency who would like to take the role of NomCom Representative in
2007?  The actual work starts in the early part of 2007, but the NomCom
is trying to push forward its work as much as possible.

In the event that no individual other than Tony steps forward, I will
declare Tony to be the Representative and notify the appropriate people
within ICANN.  If you would like to take on the challenge of the NomCom,
or if you have questions about the role and the work, please drop me a note.

Thanks,

mark

Secretariat, ISPCP Constituency
mcfadden at ispcp.info