[ispcp] SECRETARIAT: New Member Application for ISPCP - ISPA - UK

Mark McFadden mcfadden at 21st-century-texts.com
Thu May 31 14:52:58 UTC 2007

All:

A potential new member has applied for membership in the ISPCP.  In
accordance with our by-laws we have asked the applicant for some detail
about their organization and interest.  I've pasted their application into
this message below and attached a more readable version of the application
in Microsoft Word format.

All current members in good standing for the ISPCP are given 72 hours to
review this application.  If no objection is raised, I will be welcoming the
ISPA - UK into the ISPCP on Tuesday, 5 June.

Here is the information from the application:

ISPCP

Internet Service Provider and Connectivity Providers

Application for ISPCP Membership

Name of the Organization Applying for membership in the ISPCP:

Internet Service Providers' Association (ISPA) UK

Contact information for the principal point of contact for the organization
[ including name(s); address; phone number; email address; website for the
organization ]:

Ian Clarke, ISPA, 28 Broadway, Westminster, London SW1H 9JX  Tel: 020 7340
1421

Name(s) and email address(es) to be added to the ISPCP mailing list as
participants:

secretariat at ispa.org.uk

Short statement of interest - describing why the organization desires to
join the ISPCP:

IPSA UK is one of the founding members of EuroISPA, which has applied to
join the ISPCP.  ISPA UK believes that members will be able to directly
input into the ISPCP forum on issues that are specific to the UK in addition
to EuroISPA's input into the constituency.

Is the organization joining an ISP, an association of ISPs, or an
organization that provides connectivity to the public Internet to
individuals, businesses, governments or not-for-profit organizations?

YES

Is there any other information about your interest in the ISPCP or about
your organization you would like to share with the ISPCP as they consider
your membership?

ISPA UK is the trade association for companies involved in the provision of
Internet services in the UK.  ISPA was founded in 1995 and seeks to actively
represent and promote the interests of businesses involved in all aspects of
the UK Internet industry.  ISPA currently has over 190 members, representing
around 95% of the UK Internet access by volume. A full list of members is
available at:

http://www.ispa.org.uk/cgi-bin/member_list.cgi

Mark McFadden

Secretariat, ISPCP Constituency